The website located at www.BusinessInOccupiedLands.org (the “Site”) is a copyrighted work belonging to the EIRIS Foundation, operated by its subsidiary Ethical Investment Research Services (EIRIS) Ltd with the assistance of EIRIS Ltd’s subsidiary EIRIS Conflict Risk Network (CRN), Ltd. (“the EIRIS Foundation”, “us”, “our”, and “we”). Certain features of the Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Site in connection with such features. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into these Terms.
The information on this site is for information purposes only. It is believed to be reliable, but the EIRIS Foundation does not warrant its completeness, timeliness or accuracy. The information on the site is not intended as an offer or solicitation or recommendation or endorsement for the purchase of stock, any other security or any financial instrument. The EIRIS Foundation has endeavoured to ensure that all information in this Site is materially accurate. However the EIRIS Foundation cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of such information or that it is error free as the management of information of this type is inherently likely to involve some inaccuracy, incompleteness and error. No prospective investor should take any action or not take any action on the basis of this Site. It is intended to lead such an investor to further questions he or she may wish to consider. THE EIRIS FOUNDATION DOES NOT AND CANNOT PROVIDE FINANCIAL ADVICE. THE EIRIS FOUNDATION STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THAT INDEPENDENT FINANCIAL ADVICE IS TAKEN BEFORE ANY INVESTMENT IS ENTERED INTO OR SOLD. IF A PROSPECTIE INSETOR WISHES TO APPY ETHICAL CRITERIA TO THEIR CHOICE OF INVESTMENT, THIS SHOULD NOT BE TO THE EXCLUSION OF A FULL CONSIDERATION OF THE FINANCIAL ASPECTS OF THE RELEVANT INVESTMENT. The EIRIS Foundation will not accept any responsibility for any loss suffered by any person as a result of that or any other person acting or not acting as a result of any material contained in this Site.
- Use of Our Service
1.1 Eligibility. You may use the Service only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use or access to the Service by anyone under 18 is strictly prohibited and in violation of these Terms. The Service is not available to any Users previously removed from the Service by the EIRIS Foundation.
1.2 Service Rules. You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities: (a) copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Service in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated "scraping"; (b) using any automated system, including without limitation "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the the EIRIS Foundation servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser (except that the EIRIS Foundation grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials); (c) transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email; (d) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; (e) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (f) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service; (g) collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service; (h) using the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes; (i) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity; (j) interfering with the proper working of the Service; (k) accessing any content on the Service through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Service; or (l) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein. We may, without prior notice, change the Service; stop providing the Service or features of the Service, to you or to users generally; or create usage limits for the Service. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of these Terms, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by these Terms. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. The EIRIS Foundation shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User's action or inaction.
- Proprietary Rights. The EIRIS Foundation retains sole and exclusive ownership of all rights, title and interests in the Service, the Site, Content, and all intellectual property rights relating thereto, including, without limitation, issued patents and pending patent applications with respect to the Service and the technology related thereto. This provision shall survive termination and expiration of these Terms and shall remain in full force and effect thereafter. You acknowledge and agree that the EIRIS Foundation will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable license to use the Service for your personal, noncommercial use only and as permitted by the features of the Service. The EIRIS Foundation reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and the Content. The EIRIS Foundation may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason. The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site, whether in whole or in part, or any content displayed on the Site or Service; (b) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site or Service; (c) you shall not access the Site or Service in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site or Service may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site and Service shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Site (or on any Content displayed on the Site or Service) must be retained on all copies thereof.
- Feedback. If you provide the EIRIS Foundation with any feedback or suggestions regarding the Site or Service (“Feedback”), you hereby assign to the EIRIS Foundation all rights in such Feedback and agree that the EIRIS Foundation shall have the right to use and fully exploit such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. The EIRIS Foundation will treat any Feedback you provide to the EIRIS Foundation as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to the EIRIS Foundation any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the EIRIS Foundation and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (a) your use of and access to the Service (b) your violation of any term of these Terms, including without limitation your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (c) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy or Intellectual Property Rights; (d) your violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- No Warranty. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, the EIRIS Foundation, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN SERICE WILL BE UPDATED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL the EIRIS Foundation, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SERVICE. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) £100 OR (B) TOTAL OF ANY FEES PAID BY YOU TO the EIRIS Foundation DURING THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE TIME SUCH CLAIM AROSE.
- Changes to the Terms. These Terms are subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes in the way we use your information, we will notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site. Any material changes to these Terms will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our dispatch of an e-mail notice to you or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on our site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Site or services. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your information to provide us with your most current e-mail address In any event, changes to these Terms may affect our use of information that you provided us prior to our notification to you of the changes. If you do not wish to permit changes in our use of your information, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes that you wish to deactivate your account with us. Continued use of our Site, or services, following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
- Accessing the site from outside the UK. Should you choose to gain access to this site from any location other than the United Kingdom, you do so by your own choice and are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws.
- Linking policy
Subject to compliance with the conditions of our linking policy set out below, you may direct users of your website to the URL www.BusinessInOccupiedLands.org using a hypertext link without requiring prior consent from us. However, the EIRIS Foundation may require the removal of such a link from any website at any time.
Hypertext links to any other page/s of the website may only be used with the prior written authority of the EIRIS Foundation. Requests for such links should be made to [email protected]
The conditions for the use of any link are:
i. The link must display the text www.BusinessInOccupiedLands.org.
ii. The link should be used with the following text: ‘The EIRIS Foundation is a leading UK charity working in the area of responsible investment.’
iii. The link must not create the false impression that your organisation or entity is sponsored or recommended by or affiliated or associated with the EIRIS Foundation in any way or that the EIRIS Foundation gives any warranties or makes any representations about your organisation, services or products.
iv. The existence of the link, its position, appearance or any other aspect of it, must not damage or be likely to damage the name or reputation of the EIRIS Foundation.
v. The use and existence of the link shall not cause the transmission to the www.BusinessInOccupiedLands.org website of viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other harmful or deleterious programming routines.
vi. You agree to indemnify the EIRIS Foundation and Ethical Investment Research Services (EIRIS) Ltd for any loss suffered by either company as a result of the breach of any of the conditions of this linking policy.
vii. The EIRIS Foundation may revoke its consent to the insertion or use of a link at any time for any reason.
- Sites to which we make links
We do not accept any responsibility and offer no endorsements, warrantees or representation for content in or availability or use of any site to which a hypertext link from this website relates. Such linked sites are independent of, and not operated by us. It is the user’s responsibility to take precautions to ensure that any site he or she uses is free from viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other harmful or deleterious programing routines.
- Termination. The EIRIS Foundation may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, or with or without notice, effective immediately.
- Dispute Resolution.
These Terms shall be governed by English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts except as otherwise specified in this clause and except that the EIRIS Foundation may take action to protect its intellectual property or seek injunctions in any Court of competent jurisdiction. If you believe that the EIRIS Foundation has not adhered to these Terms, please contact the EIRIS Foundation by e-mail at [email protected] We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation. If you and the EIRIS Foundation are unable to reach a resolution to the dispute, or if there is any other dispute notified to you by the EIRIS Foundation under this agreement you and the EIRIS Foundation will settle the dispute through the Expert Determination procedure provided by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (Registered Company Number in England and Wales: 2422813; Registered Charity Number in England & Wales: 1060369). Reasonable travel and subsistence expenses incurred by either party in this process will be shared equally between them and the location of mediation shall be agreed upon by the parties. Any election to use this procedure by one party in accordance with this clause will be final and binding on the other. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IF EITHER PARTY ELECTS TO USE THIS PROCEUDRE, NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL EXCEPT THAT THE EIRIS FOUNDATION MAKE SEEK INJUNCTIONS OR TAKE OTHER ACTION TO PROTECT ITS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY IN ANY COURT OF COMPETANT JURISDICTION. YOU AND THE EIRIS FOUNDATION AGREE THAT ANY EXPERT DETERMNATION WILL BE LIMITED TO THE DISPUTE BETWEEN THE EIRIS FOUNDATION AND YOU INDIVIDUALLY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU AND the EIRIS Foundation ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and the EIRIS Foundation otherwise agree, the Expert may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class or representative proceeding.
- Entire Terms. These Terms constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site and Service. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to the EIRIS Foundation is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. These Terms, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without the EIRIS Foundation’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. The terms and conditions set forth in these Terms shall be binding upon assignees.
- Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2015, EIRIS Foundation, All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site and Service are our property the property of Ethical Investment Research Services (EIRIS) Ltd, EIRIS Conflict Risk Network Ltd or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
- Contact Information. The EIRIS Foundation welcomes your comments or questions regarding these Terms, or any aspect of the site, although the EIRIS Foundation is not be under any obligation to answer particular emails. Please e-mail us at [email protected] or contact us at the following address:
The EIRIS Foundation
Registered company no. 2460330 (and registered charity no. 1020068)
The Foundry 17 Oval Way, London, SE11 5RR
Email: [email protected]